Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday Soccer

United plays in Ningland tonight, rescheduled from earlier for (I think) the Madrid game. Here's the Post article, which features a bio of deRoux and, way down at the bottom, the news that Eskandarian didn't make the trip because of injury. United's website says the game is on MLS Live, and it says that it isn't. Doesn't really matter as MLS Live, for whatever reason, makes my home pc puke.

Gomez, Gros, Boswell return, and while I won't call this game critical (though I would if I were a Ningland fan), these will be easier points than this Saturday in Chicago (which I just might call a critical game). I've a decent hunch about this game, and I'm guessing they'll play well. Whether they get points is another matter, but I think the intensity and urgency will be there.

***

Bruce Arena interviewed in the New York Times.

***

Barca_3 In this week's NYT soccer column, a couple of paragraphs on why Barca is the morally superior monster club in the world - they gave a contribution to UNICEF to make UNICEF the first ad on their uniform. Barca v Chelsea? I know who I'm rooting for. Plus other notes.

***
The Guardian on world rankings.

where and why bLCkdgRd is moving

1 Comments:

Anonymous Frances said...

The soccer news articles about Barca supporting UNICEF are spreading like wildfire. Soon enough they'll be known as the team who has the motivation to win - for the kids.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home